Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Palestine Demonstrations Sun May 16, 2010

hat tip to Mondoweiss for posting this video.

This diary will present several demos that happened in the West Bank & East Jerusalem in the last week or so. The first is the demo at Nabi Saleh, a small village near Ramallah where they are protesting Settlers setting up an outpost on Palestinian farmland and the up rooting of hundreds of olive trees. The protests have turned very violent, with Israeli soldiers shooting tear gas canisters directly at demonstrators.
(To digress, the first time I saw the IDFs headgear, I exclaimed 'I'm a WILD and CRAZY GUY!' But I guess those puffy beret helmet covers work at cooling the helmets. I also impressed with the Palestinians using slings. Hey, I have trouble with Whamo rubber slingshots, much less the old biblical type slings.) I also noted the part halfway thru, where the soldiers are by the dumpster & stones start coming at them, & one soldier runs forward & aims his M16 at the throwers. Apparently he was going to shoot, but his friends sharply tell him to cool it. The beginning of the film shows border police arresting an Israeli woman from an anarchist group, & kicking her several times.

No comments:

Post a Comment