Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Bojo'd For the PFLP

The blog has been a complementary blog to the diaries I published on Daily Kos.  Now I have been banned from DKos (bojo'd as Kossacks call it) because of my last diary which had a video of a student group of the PFLP working on the land & planting olive trees near Bilin.  The PFLP is listed as a terrorist group by the US State Dept., just as the Provisional IRA, the African National Congress, & the MEK once were.  The PFLP hijacked quite a few airliners in the early '70s, & staged suicide bombings in Israel  from 2000-2004.  I got banned for 'supporting' a terrorist organization.  No, I was trying to show what is happening in the West Bank.  I don't think the people of Bilin think of the PFLP as a terrorist organization.  They are glad for their support against the Occupation.
        But the people of Bilin don't own & run Daily Kos, Markos ZĂșniga, or kos, does.  It's his site, & his rules.  If he wants to ban me for something I think is BS, well, he can.  I'm just taken aback by the process.  I don't know if I ran afoul of kos himself or the Israel/Palestine moderator.  The first I found out I was banned was when I saw the red advisory telling me I was in trouble.  Maybe I didn't read it fully.  I thought it was just a warning.  Of course, if the moderator had posted a comment telling me to take down the video on the PFLP, I would have taken it down (& left it up here.)
      The big regret I have is the audience I will miss at DKos.  A few people did appreciate the videos presented.  But there is a way to continue Israel/Palestine News on Daily Kos.  Someone else can do the diaries.  Contact me at poeducker@gmail.com & I'll e-mail you the list of videos.
I'll continue doing my version here.

No comments:

Post a Comment